The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics declared March as National Nutrition Month in an effort to raise awareness of the importance of nutrition and to share helpful information. This campaign emphasizes the value of building solid nutritional and physical activity habits. At Biocure, we understand the significance of those habits and know how to implement them. Eating right and exercising regularly can be challenging to maintain, especially on your own, but with Biocure’s services, it can be achievable.
Why it’s Important
Having a healthy diet has a multitude of benefits, from feeling better and preventing diseases to better cognitive function. Food nourishes our body, and if we’re not giving it adequate nutrients, our body doesn’t function properly. It can be easily overlooked the vital role food plays in our immediate health and its long-term effects. Those with a poor diet are at a higher risk for several diseases, certain cancers, and strokes.
Here are some ways to celebrate National Nutrition Month and how to eat healthier:
- Eat at home. Having your meals at home not only saves money, but home-cooked meals tend to have less sodium and fewer calories.
- Exercise regularly. The recommended amount of physical activity adults need is at least 2.5 hours a week. Many adults have a sedentary lifestyle due to their work; standing more and practicing desk exercises is a great way to combat it.
- Meet with a specialist. Sometimes a healthy diet isn’t enough to nourish our bodies properly. Each body has different needs and some might have certain deficiencies, so meeting with a dietitian or nutritionist can help determine those aspects.
- Get a food sensitivity test. When meeting with a specialist, you can ask for a food sensitivity test to see if your body responds negatively to certain foods. Food sensitivity tests check the inflammatory response that specific foods cause to your body. Our specialists can perform these tests, discuss the results in-depth, and offer achievable solutions. We also provide micronutrient tests to evaluate vitamin deficiencies further.
- Practice mindful eating. Mindful eating is the approach of being fully attentive to your food in the moment, without judgment. This process allows us to reflect on our relationship with food physically and emotionally, how we respond to what we consume, and how it makes us feel.
- Eat foods that you love. Having a healthy diet isn’t focusing on restricting what you eat, but more so incorporating foods that have healthful benefits. The importance is balance. Eat foods that you love and enjoy while also eating fresh fruits, vegetables, high quality fats, and other wholesome foods.
Stay Healthy with Biocure
National Nutrition Month is an excellent way to educate yourself on how to improve your eating habits. We encourage getting your family and loved ones involved too. Instead of gathering at a restaurant for a celebratory meal, have a wholesome potluck at a loved one’s home. You could go on regular walks with family members. It can be easier to create healthy habits with someone by your side.
With Biocure, we’re here to offer customizable services like StrategIQ Health and Restore+ that create plans and recommended courses of action. We believe everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and our team of professionals does just that. Contact us today to see how we can help with your nutrition journey.