During the last 24 months, many individuals across the world have experienced a variety of symptoms after contracting the covid-19 virus. Some symptoms include brain fog and fatigue due to the excessive stress the pandemic has brought on.
Fatigue is one of the most common symptoms of covid and can last for weeks or months. Post-covid fatigue can impact the quality of life and make it difficult and daunting to complete the simplest tasks. Thankfully, there are ways to combat it.
What is Post-Covid Fatigue & What to Look for
Post-covid fatigue is beyond just feeling tired. It can make you feel dull, unproductive, and reduce your energy levels significantly. Fighting off a viral infection can often result in patients experiencing advanced fatigue. It can also be linked with other symptoms such as:
- Mild headaches
- Muscle and joint aches
- Persistent feelings of tiredness and sleepiness
- Impaired motor coordination
- Moodiness and irritability
Treating post-covid fatigue can alleviate these symptoms and increase productivity in your daily routine.
How to Treat Post-Covid Fatigue
Luckily, there are ways to treat and manage post-covid fatigue and brain fog. Recognizing that the fatigue is legitimate and needs attention is the first step to lessen the symptoms. Here are a few options to consider for treating fatigue after covid:
- Vitamins – increasing the intake of immune-boosting vitamins and minerals such as zinc, vitamin c, and vitamin d can help boost your immune system and improve your energy levels.
- Gut Health – the gut is a foundational organ that can help fight off infections and viruses, impact digestion, and absorb nutrients. Improving gut health can help promote a healthy immune system.
- IV Therapy – IVs are an excellent and effective way to get vitamins and nutrients directly into the bloodstream. NAD+ helps turn nutrients into energy and has antiviral properties. Increasing NAD+ levels can improve immune function.
- Detoxing – While the liver and kidneys naturally detox the body, there are ways to aid its process and assist other organs in detoxing. The lungs are one of the major organs covid effects, and can cause shortness of breath and difficulty breathing.
- Lungs – getting an indoor air purifier can make a considerable difference. Eating an antioxidant-rich diet can benefit lung health and function.
- Liver – Consuming turmeric can decrease liver inflammation. The best way to detox the liver is to avoid alcohol.
- Kidneys – Staying hydrated is crucial to the kidneys flushing toxins. Foods that contain resveratrol, calcium, and citrate will boost kidney function.
- Mindfulness – Mindfulness meditation can reduce stress by focusing on the present. It allows you to slow down and can target cognitive impairment.
Live A Healthy Life With Biocure
It can be challenging to manage post-covid fatigue on your own. Eating a balanced, healthful diet and exercising regularly can keep symptoms at bay, but your body may require more to recover from fatigue. Such alternatives can include consuming vitamins, considering IV therapy, practicing mindfulness, and more.
At Biocure, we’re here to provide our patients with the resources they need to live an exceptional life. We believe everyone should look and feel their best. Our team of experts evaluates each patient’s needs and curates a personalized plan to improve their health. Contact us today to get started on your wellness journey.