Our health and wellbeing depend primarily on how our body performs. Our lungs are a vital component in the longevity of our life and wellness, so it’s essential to keep your lungs as healthy as can be. There are effective and achievable ways to improve the quality of your lung tissue and lung capacity and steps you can take to prepare your bodies to minimize the risk of damaging your lungs.
Nutraceuticals are products (foods, vitamins, supplements) that provide health and medical benefits, and they are vital to upholding the wellbeing of your lungs. These are some of the nutraceuticals that can help keep your lungs healthy and improve lung tissue and capacity.
- Curcumin is reported to have anti-inflammatory properties, and this compound helps relieve the inflammation of the airways and the tightness of the chest.
- Resveratrol inhibits oxidative stress and inflammation of the lungs. It can effectively slow the lung aging process and suppress the development of chronic lung disease.
- Oil of oregano has antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties and can inhibit the growth of some lung cancer cells.
- Tea tree oil can stop the growth of harmful bacteria that can cause respiratory issues.
- Vitamin D can improve lung function, respiratory health, and decrease symptoms of lung disease.
- Zinc has shown to help decrease susceptibility to lower respiratory infections and inflammation.
Adjusting your diet and incorporating these foods can help improve the health of your lungs. Adding foods rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatories in conjunction with nutraceuticals and exercise can improve the quality of your lung health and overall health. The right mix of nutrients in your diet can help you breathe easier.
- Beets are rich in nitrate, which has been shown to benefit lung function and optimize oxygen intake.
- Peppers such as red bell and cayenne are excellent sources of detoxification and protect mucous membranes from respiratory infections.
- Turmeric helps cleanse the lungs naturally and strengthens immunity.
- Apples can reduce the risk of lung cancer and aid in the repair of lung damage.
- Garlic has a wealth of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and it also promotes the elimination of toxins and carcinogens.
The Benefit of Exercise
Regular exercise is a vital component in keeping our lungs healthy. Aerobics, water-based exercises, and cardio are proven workouts to promote healthy lungs. Regular to moderately intense activities are great for respiratory health and overall wellness, and 20 minutes a day is a sufficient amount to receive the respiratory benefits.
There are also effective breathing exercises to improve your lung capacity. The American Lung Association and Johns Hopkins University have studied efficient and successful breathing exercises. The majority of these exercises include deep breathing and focusing on the diaphragm. These are simple tasks that anyone can incorporate into their daily routine.
Enhance Your Health With Biocure
Decreasing lung health can negatively affect your quality of life and prevent you from living a healthy lifestyle. Without adequate lung function, our daily activities can seem impossible. Implementing and incorporating these nutraceuticals, foods, and exercises into your daily routine can improve the quality of your lung tissue and lung capacity.
At Biocure, we use cutting-edge technology and science-backed evidence to provide the best services to promote a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to see how we can help enhance your quality of life and achieve your health goals.
The health of our lungs is critical to living a healthy life. Read this week’s Biocure blog to find out how to improve your lung function and capacity.