NAD+, or nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is a critical coenzyme found in every cell of the body, and it’s essential for regulating pivotal cellular functions. Unfortunately, NAD+ levels lower as we age, and increased levels of NAD+ correlate with good health and longevity. Therefore, this article will discuss the function of NAD+, why it declines as we age, and how you can help boost NAD+ levels in your body.
A Better Understanding Of NAD+
Why We Need It
In our youth, our bodies have a substantial supply of NAD+, which supports your overall health and keeps you feeling young and vibrant. NAD+ provides a direct link between your metabolism and signals in your cells. It also helps play a key role in:
- Repairing damaged DNA
- Converting nutrients into energy
- Supporting cell defense systems
- Coordinating circadian rhythms necessary for sleep
As your body’s natural level of NAD+ begins to decline, so does your longevity. For most people, NAD+ begins to decrease when the body can no longer recycle and use its remaining NAD+. This process puts you at increased risk for developing chronic age-related diseases and makes visible signals of aging more apparent.
3 Ways To Boost Your NAD+ Levels
Although there are several ways one can increase their levels of NAD+, the most efficient way is by making healthy lifestyle changes. Incorporating these changes into your daily life will ensure your NAD+ levels maintain a healthy amount, so you can stay healthy and active as you grow older:
- Create an exercise routine: Exercise is one of the greatest ways to naturally boost NAD+ levels and remain healthy. In addition to keeping you at a healthy weight and promoting heart health, regular exercise can increase the amount of DNA rebuilding proteins in the body. Staying physically fit can go a long way in preserving your NAD+
- Limit exposure to the sun: Spending too much time in direct sunlight can prematurely deplete your NAD+ levels. The radiation from the sun forces your skin to increase amounts of NAD+ to repair cell damage caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Limiting your exposure to direct sunlight can help you age better in the long run.
- Make corrections to your diet: In order to ensure your NAD+ levels are sufficient, you should incorporate foods high in vitamin B into your diet. This includes foods like avocados, steamed fish, peanuts, and whole grains. It’s also recommended that you limit the amount of bread, rice, or other white flour products you consume.
Get A Boost To Your Longevity Today
Whether you knew it or not, NAD+ is an essential component of the functions of the body. That’s why it’s important to find ways to keep levels of NAD+ high, especially as we begin to age. At BioCure, we provide patients with natural NAD+ injections to keep the body feeling and looking as good as ever. With our team of doctors and healthcare professionals, you can feel secure knowing that you’re getting quality treatment. For more information on how we can help you remain youthful with age, please reach out to us today.